Appointments Terms and Conditions
Thank you for contacting Hand Therapy Consulting for an appointment.
Please arrive promptly.
Please report to the Medical Suite B7A, Hobart Grove, Corner Hobart & Grosvenor Roads, Bryanston, 2021.
Appointments that are not cancelled with 24 hours notice will be charged for.
Please refer to the non attendance and cancellation procedure below.
Clinical Specialist, Hand Therapy
NON ATTENDANCE AND CANCELLATION PROCEDURE
Your treating therapist is: Robyn Midgley
Following a hand injury or surgery it will be necessary for you to attend Hand Therapy on a regular basis for an average of 3 months or longer depending on the severity of the injury or surgery. This is to ensure you receive timely, effective treatment and to maximise your recovery, so that you have the best chance to return to your previous activities. It is therefore essential you comply with the therapy program.
If you cannot attend your appointment please advise me as soon as possible or notify me at least 24 hours prior to your appointment. This will enable me to offer this time slot to another patient ensuring the most efficient use of the therapy service and to reduce the overall waiting times for all patients. A text message reminder is sent the day before your scheduled appointment. Any appointments that are not cancelled with 24 hours notice will be charged for. Medical aids do not cover the cost of missed appointments.
Please arrive promptly for appointments:
Attending your appointment on time will ensure you get the maximum benefit from your therapy input. If you are 15 minutes late for your appointment please expect your appointment to be cancelled and re-booked as we need to meet following appointments on time, so that the next patient’s treatment is not compromised.
The initial consultation fee is R680.00. This appointment lasts between 30-60 minutes depending on the severity of your injury. The initial consultation fee includes a report to your referring doctor.
Follow up consultations are charged at R458.00 and lasts 30 minutes. In certain circumstances patients will require 60 minute follow-up consultations. This will be discussed when planning your treatment and will cost R800.00 per hour.
Once you have been discharged from hand therapy your doctor will receive a final report. The cost of this report is R458.00
If you have any queries about the above please do not hesitate to discuss this with me.
Thank you for your participation.
CONSENT TO PRACTICE FEES
Dear Patient / Guardian
Please note the following information with regards to the practice fees charged by Hand Therapy Consulting.
- This practice’s service is rendered to the patient and not their Medical Aid.
- Medical Aid rates are not charged and accounts are not submitted to the Medical Aid on your behalf.
- The consultation fee does not include procedures, materials or the use of the Biometrics E Link.
- Reports are charged for as a 30 minute consultation fee.
- Patients / Guardians are personally responsible for settling their account in full at the end of each consultation.
- This practice does not charge the rates that the Department of Health has unilaterally determined for specialists which are known as the Reference Price List (RPL).
- You will be provided with a detailed account with all the relevant codes required by law, to submit to your medical aid.
- All charges will be outlined and explained at the time of your consultation.
- If scheduled appointments are not kept or cancelled 24 hours prior to the appointment, the full consultation fee will be charged to your account.
- Should legal action against the responsible person for the recovery of any outstanding debts be required, all legal costs, including attorney and own client costs, 25% collection fee and tracing fees, will be for the patient / guardian’s account.
Forms / Reports:
The completion of medical insurance forms or reports is not part of your consultation and will be charged for accordingly.
All information handled by this practice will be regarded and treated as strictly confidential by the therapist and administrative staff. Confidentiality may not be absolutely preserved, as this practice is required by law to disclose all the relevant ICD-10 codes (diagnostic coding format) on accounts, prescriptions, referral letters and requests for investigations.
I have read, understood and agree to the conditions mentioned above.
I accept that this information was provided electronically at the time of making my initial appointment. A signature is therefore not required.
Thank you for your participation.
Clinical Specialist in Hand Therapy
BSc (Hons) OT, AHT (BAHT)